Your Supply Manager will be responsible for planning and organising the transportation of goods and materials from suppliers and manufacturers to the customers.
Finding your next Supply Manager couldn’t be easier with Portfolio Procurement. As well as being able to recognise high-calibre candidates who fit the bill with their skills and experience, our recruiters will spend time discussing the personality and characteristics that are important to your organisation as you look to grow your business.
Qualifications and skills we look for
Dependent on the level at which you are seeking to hire your Supply Manager, it may not be necessary for them to have a formal qualification such as a foundation degree, HND or degree in supply chain management or logistics. For instance, if the candidate has worked extensively in this area in their previous role and worked their way up.
However, we will not send you any candidates that are not able to demonstrate that they:
- Are a proficient problem solver
- Have excellent numerical skills
- Are a great written and verbal communicator
- Have good geographical knowledge (the required scope of this knowledge will depend on your supply locations and whether they are national or international).
- Are able to negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers – including ensuring the delivery of products and goods on time and in the expected condition.
- Can monitor the performance of the current supply chain and look for areas of improvement.
Recruiting with Portfolio Procurement
Our aim is develop long term relationships with our clients. Which is why we provide honest, advice driven recruitment that is centred on our commitment to meeting your business’s hiring needs.
Discuss your Supply Manager vacancy with one of team today on 020 7650 3191 or email us at email@example.com.