Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: London
Job Title: Senior Category Manager (DIY Trade)
Job Salary: £50000 - £60000 Per Annum
An amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Category Manager to join a leading DIY trade and retail business in London to improve, design and implement a purchasing strategy for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price.
You will manage a small team to develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods by the supply base.
Role and responsibilities:
* Setting the annual category budgets with the Commercial Director and managing this effectively to ensure that the budgeted sales and margin figures are achieved.
* Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include: Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalisation of supply chain solutions including supplier managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
* Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
* Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process.
* Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents.
* Initiate and develop creative and innovative procurement processes.
* Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level.
* Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate.
Experience and requirements:
* Track record of creating business strategies and implementing them across the business.
* Excellent and proven supplier management skills with a track record of developing great relationships.
* Experience of retail management.
* Knowledge of the DIY sector.
* Experience in ERP systems preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX.
* Track record of price management within a large retail operation.
* Experience managing & tracking supplier rebates.
* Experience of fast paced change management.
* Product benchmarking experience within retail.
* Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal.
* Ability to understand Company financial information.