Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Construction
Contact Name: Ben East
Job Location: London
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Job Salary: £30000 - £40000 Per Annum
Salary & Package: Competitive Salary + 5% bonus scheme + 25 days Holiday + Pension + Tenancy Loan Deposit Scheme + Cycle to Work Scheme + Season Ticket Loan + Supplier Discounts
My client are one of the UK’s leading utilities companies has a new opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join the team, working across the business as a procurement interface for undertaking small tenders, single sources, direct awards and delivering contracts. This means the role holder will have a dynamic portfolio ranging across many different materials and services.
This will be a fast paced role where you will be managing multiple projects at once, looking after critical company and renegotiation opportunities. You will have exposure to a broad range of core direct categories along with the some energy and utilities related spend areas.
Role and responsibilities
* Provide a key customer interface for the wider procurement team, managing procurement enquiries and requests.
* Provide contract and vendor analysis, supporting the procurement team to avoid contract expiry.
* Responsible for management of a specific portfolio, including developing the category sourcing strategy, the selection of suppliers and contractual terms best suited to the items.
* Manage own element of Procurement Pipeline and procure contracts on time in accordance with the business.
* Perform activities that evaluate and leverage relationships with category suppliers.
* Liaise with, and providing support to, other areas of the business and resolving queries.
* Be responsible for supplier management for category suppliers including their development and segmentation
Experience and requirements:
* Should have a strong commercial acumen and self-organisational capabilities.
* Will be able to work both automonously and be a team player.
* Able to influence & challenge internal stakeholders and co-workers, as well as the ability to decant measurable business needs
* Have a basic understanding of strategic sourcing execution (Financial Analysis, Category Strategy, Supplier relationship management etc).
* Will ideally project and time management skills