Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: London
Job Title: Sustainability Manager
Job Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
I am partnering with a large independent facilities management organisation who have a unique opportunity to be part of their wider procurement team to join them as their Sustainability Manager. The role will be responsible for managing and driving forward sustainable procurement policies ensuring that colleagues are familiar with and follow sustainable procurement requirements and best practice whilst ensuring it is fully documented and audited, as part of the management review process and in support of ISO 9001 & 14001 certifications.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Managing sustainability and procurement processes across the business to work closely with each department within the company and all colleagues, clients, service partners and the wider community to develop initiatives and drive sustainability projects forward.
* Ensuring employees understand the sustainability strategy and can support and engage with the initiatives.
* Responsible for line managing, supporting, coaching, and developing the Sustainability Apprentice in line with our people policies.
* Drive initiatives to minimise waste, promote recycling and circular economy principles, and reduce the environmental impact of our products and services.
* To support and co-ordinate sustainable activities that deliver and align to sustainable procurement and net zero principles.
* Develop and support sustainable procurement sourcing practices including selecting environmentally friendly materials and suppliers.
* Prepare regular reports on sustainable performance, collect and analysis relevant data and monitor KPI to track progress towards net-zero emissions and carbon neutrality.
* Conduct internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of sustainable processes within the company, establishing root cause and identifying corrective actions.
* Ensure corrective actions are implemented to prevent recurrence.
* Recognised environmental management qualification EQF level 3-6 (NEBOSH / IEMA) or similar qualification.
* Previous experience in a similar role with strong leadership and collaboration skills and evidence of strategic thinking.
* Internal auditor experience ISO 9001, 14001, with emphasis on 14001.
* Previous experience in implementing a sustainability management system.
* Previous experience in managing sustainable procurement processes.
* Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.