Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: Senior Commercial Procurement Specialist
Job Salary: £700 - £700 Per Day
Job Start Date:
Senior Commercial Procurement Specialist to join a Central Government organisation in Oxfordshire to provide authoritative advice to the CNPA Accounting Officer (AO), CNPA Board and CNC Executive on complex strategic and operational commercial matters. You will also be required to take professional ownership of particularly complex / high risk commercial undertakings. This is for a standalone role who will oversee of 3/4 categories each. One role will take the Lead on Supplier & Contract Management and One role will take the Lead on Procurement to include the new procurement regulations.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
* Supports the Head of Department in managing the Pipeline of Procurement activities; Contracts Register and Commercial Continuous Improvement Framework to support the annual budget process working closely with key stakeholders to ensure the right contracts are operational at the right time in accordance with the CNC’s programme.
* Ensure the evolution of complex commercial strategies, business processes and capability within the CNC Procurement & Estates function to meet CNC timelines.
* Ensure that the following elements are incorporated and managed within the Commercial process: Equality, diversity and inclusion; Social Value; Modern Slavery; Sustainability; Health & Safety; Security; Financial Standing.
* Identify commercial risks and ensure that they are managed within the organisation’s risk management framework.
* Take ownership of risks associated with Commercial and work proactively to identify risk and ensure that they are managed within the organisation’s risk management framework.
* Ensure that Commercial processes meet Value-for-Money obligations & satisfy prevailing standards in terms of openness, probity, propriety and control.
* Professional Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS Professional Qualification) & IACCM or equivalent professional qualifications.
* Significant senior level experience of leading challenging commercial undertakings in the Public Sector.
* Significant experience of successfully negotiating and managing complex contracts with an advanced understanding of prevailing procurement law and Government regulation.
* The ability to deliver effective commercial strategies, in a timely fashion, to diverse customers whilst operating within a complex regulatory and policy framework.
* The ability to design and deliver relevant, modern commercial strategies, policy and procedures complaint with Government requirements.
* Practical experience of training and mentoring professional staff. team leader – to motivate, build capability and develop recognised high performing teams;