Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: Cheshire
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Job Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our client who are a well-recognised gaming organisation who recently set up a new Procurement function are in the market to bring in a couple of experienced Senior Buyers with exposure to indirect categories. Reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager the incumbent will work closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to identify opportunities to optimize purchasing activities, negotiate contracts, and manage supplier relationships.
Role and responsibilities:
* Manage the tender process, supplier selection, negotiate contracts, and establish supplier performance metrics and expectations.
* Build and maintain strong relationship and manage supplier performance to ensure the highest levels of quality, services, and delivery.
* Monitor and report on key performance indicators, including supplier performance, cost savings, and supply chain risk.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement cost savings opportunities and process improvements.
* Evaluate new supplier requests and conduct due diligence on suppliers.
* Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to purchasing activities.
Experience and requirements:
* Bachelor`s degree in business, supply chain management, or related field
* 3+ years of experience in procurement, purchasing or supply chain management.
* Experience managing indirect procurement categories, such as IT, Marketing and Professional Services.
* Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
* Knowledge of procurement best practice including various sourcing strategies
* Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.