Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: London
Job Title: Procurement Consultant
Job Salary: £500 - £550 Per Day
Job Start Date:
I have an exciting opportunity to join a well-recognised organisation in the city who are looking to bring in a Procurement Consultant on a 6-month contract with the potential to be extended for longer. The role will be responsible for overseeing their current procurement strategy and provide a strategic roadmap around their current spend across most categories. While it is a general procurement category requirement, there are some critical pieces of work regarding the negotiation and performance management of several technology suppliers hence the chosen candidate would need to be a strong commercial negotiator.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
* Managing the commercial relationships with both new and incumbent suppliers, to ensure contracts and commercial arrangements are competitively priced, legally robust and that service levels are established, monitored, and exceeded by suppliers.
* Supporting internal stakeholders to help them achieve their objectives, ensuring the enterprise has suitable suppliers for core services and drive out financial and quality improvement opportunities.
* Provide advice and/ or first line of guidance to business stakeholders on a variety of contractual transactions.
* Help coordinate RFP processes and bid responses and procurement questionnaires where necessary.
* Work with Legal Director to consider key Improvements to contracting process and helping to implement any training or efficiencies.
* Monitor vendor performance and work with internal stakeholder vendor owners to ensure that contractual obligations are met.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that vendor relationships align with business objectives.
* Highly credible in front of the Executive, senior stakeholders, and the executives of key suppliers.
* Establish and maintain strong relationship with IT LT and wider IT Team to work collectively, being an internal consultant.
* Manage and deliver relevant new contracts and contract renewals.
* Deliver strategic IT delivery projects.
* Develop and execute the category strategy for the sub-category.