Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: London
Job Title: Global Senior Buyer
Job Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
I am working on a Global Senior Buyer vacancy within the IT & Software space to join an industry leader who are looking to bolster and add value to their current procurement team. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end process along with a strong focus on maintaining quality, minimizing Total Cost of Ownership and mitigating risks. The chosen candidate will also be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders, leading Request for Proposals (RFPs), negotiating contract renewals, and managing new supplier contracts along with experience in contract law and IT contracts.
Day to day responsibility will include:
* Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute sourcing strategies.
* Take the lead in the entire RFP process, from creation to evaluation and negotiation.
* Negotiate contract renewals and Statements of Work with existing suppliers.
* Negotiate new contracts with prospective suppliers.
* Exhibit expertise in contract law, particularly in the context of IT contracts.
* Provide support for supplier relationship management, particularly for key suppliers.
* Contribute to the development of category plans.
* Demonstrate exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and align diverse perspectives to reach consensus.
* Operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, finite resources, and uncertainty.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT procurement.
* Able to quickly get to grips with new technology, requirements and develop solutions to problems as needed.
* Ability to understand existing processes and map this in detail via tools.
* Can identify value creation opportunities and help build implementation business cases.
* Ability to understand and apply leading contracting policies and processes where needed.