Category buyers are responsible for the supply of goods within one particular purchasing category of a business. Answerable to category managers and other senior figures within the company, category buyers have a great deal of responsibility – they are vital components of the procurement department.
With Portfolio as your trusted recruitment partner, you will have access to talented category buyers. We will help you find an ambitious and proactive individual who consistently exceeds expectations and delivers impressive results that positively impact the company's bottom line.
The Category Buyer's Key Responsibilities
The role requires strong organisational skills, and success is largely determined by wise and effective workload prioritisation. Here are the main activities and responsibilities the category buyer role entails:
- Managing the supply of goods within the chosen purchasing category
- Staying within budget and constantly working to improve the level of value achieved (in other words, saving money wherever possible without compromising the quality of supply)
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers in order to demand more preferable rates and higher value
- Developing new strategies to help further refine the procurement process and drive down costs
- Regularly reporting back to senior figures and department heads about buying activity and results achieved
Our Recruitment Approach
As a specialist recruitment agency, we focus all of our efforts and resources on matching strong candidates to roles they are suited to and qualified for. The improvement of your workforce is our top priority, and this can be achieved through astute recruitment.
Our veteran consultants have a great deal of experience within the procurement industry and know what makes an effective buyer. We look for industry accreditation such as MCIPS and strong academic qualifications, but we also look out for practical suitability and prior experience where necessary.
Contact Portfolio Procurement
Call us on 020 7650 3191 for more information, or post your job vacancy on our database today and we'll get looking for qualified candidates right away.