Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: London
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Salary: £49,717 - £49,717 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
I am working with a Central Government organisation who are looking for an experienced commercial procurement professional with a background in UK Public Regulations to join them on a years contract. The chosen candidate will be responsible for all generalist categories and have managed the full cycle projects whilst providing support in developing and promoting an innovative approach to procurement and market analysis.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Lead and manage a category management approach to deliver value for money across indirect categories of spend.
* Lead and manage the development of category plans including conducting market research/appraisal exercises in order to identify value for money option.
* Ensures that procurement issues are managed effectively throughout the procurement cycle.
* Lead and manage a range of sourcing projects in support of the category plan.
* Provide category specific strategic insight to enable stakeholders to make informed choices about the way in which expenditure is deployed, optimising value and minimising contractual and commercial risk.
* Identify, develop and prepare reports and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
* A minimum of five year’s procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of procurement benefits including financial savings.
* Proven experience of strategic category management for a rage of indirect services incl. travel, facilities, financial, IT, marketing, training, professional services etc.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of procurement processes and best practice (public and private sector procurement experience desirable).
* Experience of developing category strategy and implementing change.
* Extensive experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
* Contract Management experience.