Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: Kent
Job Title: Procurement Category Manager (FM & Construction)
Job Salary: £51,483 - £58,749 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
I am working with a not-for-profit organisation based in Kent who are looking to recruit an experienced Category Manager within the FM & Construction field to join its Procurement and Commercial Team which is formed of five Categories; Facilities Management and Construction (Property), ICT, Fleet, Professional Services and Operations. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the FM & Construction category reporting directly to the Head of Procurement whilst designing and delivering local and national strategies to maximise collaboration across its sector.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Manage and develop supplier relationships and on-going negotiations for the assigned product or service category using procurement tools such as cost trend analysis.
* Development and execution of innovative category strategy for operations including National influential third party spend.
* Tendering process – local and EU.
* Contract drafting.
* Contract management.
* Line management of Category Officer.
* MCIPS or qualified to at least CIPS level 4 and working towards.
* Proven track record in a professional procurement function at a functional senior practitioner level (or capability to do so) is essential.
* Experience of procurement and/or contract management is essential, as demonstrated over a period of 2 years in either the public and/or private sector.
* Knowledge and application of procurement processes, English Contract Law, costing techniques, EU Directives and tendering/re-tendering procurements, including knowledge of category management processes and practices.
* Knowledge of the government’s Find a Tender Service (FTS) and Contracts Finder.