Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Property Services
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Middlesex
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (career progression)
Job Salary: £23000 - £27000 Per Annum
An amazing, brand new role with a market leading organisation in the property management as a Procurement Assistant to support the new Procurement Manager.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn off a highly experienced procurement expert with yearsâ€™ of experience that also offers the opportunity to progress into a rounded procurement professional. The hiring manager is in need of someone with loads of energy, happy to manage multiple projects at any one time.
Suppor, and report into the Procurement Manager to rationalise spend for the businessThis will involve the analysis of current spend information to ensure that the products and services purchased by the business are the most competitive and match the business requirements
* Coordinate and manage all purchasing activity across a range of products and supplies, to include developing and maintaining close relationship with the supply base and key stakeholders
* Activities may include requirement gathering, administration of tenders and co-ordinating the assessment of tenders this support maybe across any spend category .
* Adhere to the Purchase Orders Procedure by requesting and raising Purchase Orders for some key products, remaining orders raised by branch managers.
* Rationalise suppliers and catalogues across the business and analyse details of purchasing data from the procurement spend data.
* Understand business requirements and issues and propose changes to Procurement Manager
* Negotiate pricing/ product changes with suppliers, ensure savings realised through monitoring of benefits
* Desire to develop in Procurement, with a willingness to learn from others.
* Some Procurement knowledge/experience advantageous.
* Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written) with stakeholders of all levels.
* Commenced or willing to study towards CIPS qualification, with an interest in Procurement as a career.
* Practical hands-on administrative experience in a project office or office environment.
* Ability to manage own time and liaise with others to assess priorities.
Excellent computing skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint