Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Halim Ahmad
Job Location: London
Job Title: IT Category Specialist
Job Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
An amazing, brand new IT Procurement Specialist role working for a prestigious Financial Services firm based in the City of London to manage a range of IT spend for the business.
Procurement is a relatively young function in the business, but over the past few years the business has received significant benefits across all spend areas. Due to the success this role has been formed, where you will be working on all areas of IT spend, including Software, Hardware, Services, Saas, Infrastructure, Security and Cloud. This business is looking for someone to come in and find suppliers that can deliver the very best services for the internal customer, where cost savings focus comes second.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Reporting into the Procurement Manager
* Focus on category planning, implementing long term procurement strategies.
* Conduct end to end procurement focusing purely on the company’s UK and US IT spend.
* Negotiate new and existing contracts for best value for the business.
* Source the highest quality of service is first choice, cost savings comes second.
* Manage stakeholders at all levels – business leads to executive level and partners in the firm.
* Challenge stakeholders across the business with your own technical and previous experience
* Must have extensive IT/IS procurement experience in a large business.
* Ideally have Legal, Consultancy, Banking, Finance, or Insurance industry experience
* End-to-end procurement experience, strong SRM/VM experience essential.
* Must be able to fit into a team and work well in that environment.
* Very confident in negotiating any level of stakeholder.
* Able to build effective and lasting relationships internally and externally.
* Willing to fully commit to the role and company throughout this exciting time of change.