Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Hertfordshire
Job Title: Head of Procurement & Supply Chain-Mechanical (Aero & Defence)
Job Salary: £60000 - £75000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
An opportunity has arisen to lead the transformation of the Procurement & Supply Chain function within the UK Mechanical domain. As the UK Head you will have budget responsibility across multiple Mechanical categories including Precision Machining, Composites, Optics, Fabrications & Fasteners. You will be accountable for developing critical Category strategies, supporting significant development milestones and production capability.
Role and responsibilities:
* Lead the transformation of Procurement & Supply Chain activities in the UK Mechanical Domain, consistent with the ISP mission.
* Manage & develop the team of Procurement & Supply Chain professionals to deliver against the objectives, building internal relationships and enabling professional and personal development.
* Contribute to continuous improvement opportunities within the ISP organisation, representing ISP & the UK Mech Domain in wider business initiatives.
* Providing oversight, approval & governance to manage & execute commercial contract arrangements with suppliers, including frame contracts, building supplier relationships at senior levels.
* Manage the key Supply Chain activities required to deliver products throughout the product lifecycle.
* Ensure compliance & continuous improvement activities are established throughout the internal & external supply chain.
* With primary responsibility for the performance & development of the UK Mechanical Supply Chain & procurement teams, you will be operating with senior management within the UK and Group ISP organisation and be required to demonstrate the highest levels of collaboration, integrity, team building & commercial capability
* Opportunities to work across the Procurement & Supply Chain teams in UK, France & Italy to develop strategic souring opportunities including developing a more global footprint through Offset.
* A key role in the Group ISP team, expectations for strong collaboration with Engineering, Programmes, create opportunities to work on a wide range of products & build relationships with Stakeholders across the Group
* Playing an active role in the development in team development & P&SC Academy and Functional Excellence initiatives provides opportunity for personal & professional development.
* Transforming the functional capability of the function thorough consolidation of best practice methods and tools including the implementation of innovative digital platforms to add value & drive efficiency.
* A team of 15+, including Category Managers, Buyers & Supply Chain Managers, you will be responsible for building professional capability, knowledge management and increasing the value of the function in a fast growing & technically complex area
Experience and requirements:
* Highly motivated, with demonstrated capability in team management & development, able to quickly build trust & respect
* Exceptional communication, relationship & stakeholder management ï‚· Strong experience in strategic & operational procurement & supply chain environments, with experience in both new product and production environments
* Good knowledge of manufacturing & production continuous improvement methods & tools
* Working knowledge of SAP, understanding of digital platform opportunities, collaboration & risk management tools ï‚· Analytical capabilities using BI & standard tools (Excel)
* Confident presenting to wide range of groups and functional areas
* Ideally degree / Post Graduate in Business, Procurement & Supply Chain or Engineering
* Ideally CIPS qualified (Level 6)