Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Logistics
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Title: Head of Indirect Procurement
Job Location: Buckinghamshire
Job Salary: £60000 - £75000 Per Annum
An amazing opportunity to join a national, leading business as a Head of Procurement, lead a small team and bring some new ideas into the business.
The right person for this role will think outside the box, be able to advise board level members up to CEO and implement a robust procurement strategy. You’ll be responsible for managing a small team, to ensure the business’ spend is in line with company needs after year on year aggressive growth, ensuring that the highest level of service is delivered. You will report directly into the Chief Financial Officer, partnering and managing with the company’s most senior level stakeholders working on key business critical projects managing a £200m+ spend.
Roles and responsibilities:
* As the Head of Procurement you will manage a small team owning the company’s entire spend portfolio.
* Continue the functional goal of manoeuvring the group procurement into a forward thinking, strategic outlook.
* Conduct end to end procurement sourcing projects, partnering with senior-level stakeholders.
* A large focus of the role will be aimed at building lasting relationships with suppliers.
* Negotiate new and existing contracts for best value for the business.
* Source new suppliers for best value, with up-most efficiency.
* Work within a close team , but take on projects autonomously, full responsibility of supplier selection.
* Manage stakeholders at all levels – business leads to executive level.
* Challenge stakeholders across the business with your own technical and previous experience.
* Must have Indirect or Service based procurement experience.
* Worked in a large, multi-site corporate business delivery category strategies.
* Team management and leadership.
* Proven wins and achievements, in relative sized projects.
* End-to-end procurement experience, strong SRM/VM experience essential.
* Must be able to fit into a team and work well in that environment.
* Very confident in negotiating any level of stakeholder.
* Able to build effective and lasting relationships internally and externally.
* Willing to fully commit to the role and company throughout this exciting time of change.
Degree educated or MCIPS would be advantage, not essential.