Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Construction
Contact Name: Ben East
Job Location: London
Job Title: Category Specialist
Job Salary: £ - £ Per Annum
My client are one of the UK’s leading utilities companies has a new opportunity for a Category Specialist to join the team, manage a multi-million £ spend and supporting the Category Manager.
This will be a fast paced role where you will be managing multiple projects at once, looking after critical company and renegotiation opportunities. You will have exposure to a broad range of core indirect categories along with the some energy and utilities related spend areas.
Role and responsibilities:
* Support development and implementation of category strategies including sourcing initiatives
* Assist in developing the demand/supply plans for assigned categories or sub-categories in alignment with overall Category Management annual demand/supply plan requirements
* Manage own element of procurement projects at one time
* Assist the business with category specific spend analysis
* Provide support to the business with regard to strategy, sourcing, supply planning and policy
* Responsible for liaising with and providing support to other areas of the business and resolving queries
* Develop and maintain business relationships with stakeholders both internal and external.
* Execute responsibilities with regard to process improvement as directed by the Category Manager
* Identify, implement and secure saving opportunities
Experience and requirements:
* Proven procurement experience with significant savings or improved delivery across various categories
* Working knowledge of industry standard contracts, experience of contract drafting.
* Extensive experience in a procurement role with relevant category experience within industry and/or experience of working within regulated procurement
* Experience of execution of strategic sourcing, i.e. internal & external market analysis, category strategy, market testing and innovation, cost, price and financial analysis
* Supplier relationship management and renegotiation of contracts
* Stakeholder management experience at various levels, internal and external
* Strong commercial acumen
* CIPS qualified or equivalent