Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Local Government
Contact Name: Ben East
Job Location: London
Job Title: Category Manager
Job Salary: £600 - £600 Per Day
My client are an innovative, forward thinking Local Council who have amazing core values and a great working culture. As a result of continued and ongoing development, they are now looking to appoint an Interim Category Manager to work closely within the Procurement team. Please read on for details..
Role and responsibilities:
* You will be responsible for managing the Environment and Corporate Services Category. This includes; Waste Collection, Ground Maintenance and Sports/Leisure Services, to name a few.
* This is a Stakeholder facing position, you will develop and deliver strategies and contract management.
* There is also an element of management involved. The successful candidate will have a responsibility to manage, support and develop a team of 2.
Experience and requirements:
* Should have experience of working within a Public Sector organisation and have exposure to the Environment & Corporate Services categories.
* Will be highly skilled in end to end, strategic procurement and have the ability to engage with Senior Stakeholders regularly.
* Need to be commercially aware and have a proven track record in delivering reducing costs.
* Ideally will have 5 years procurement experience.