Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Buckinghamshire
Job Title: Category Buyer - IT & Technology
Job Salary: £35333 - £42155 Per Annum
This is an exciting new Category Buyer – IT role to join a highly reputable organisation to support the ongoing internal reputation of procurement internally, managing the spend across IT; such as Software, IT Services, Hardware, Telco, Networks, Saas, Digital, Applications
* Work with key stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies providing advice and guidance on potential procurement routes and evaluation approaches, having considered all key commercial and regulatory risks.
* Manage tendering activity in accordance with internal and external policies and regulations. Working in collaboration with key stakeholders, developing appropriate tender documentation ensuring sourcing projects are delivered efficiently and effectively. Provide advice on tender evaluation bidder engagement.
* To manage post tender negotiations, taking legal advice where required, with suppliers securing the best possible terms and conditions.
* Regularly prepare post tender reports, management information reports and savings reports.
* On a regular basis review and manage purchase requisitions allocated for action to ensure they are processed in line with University policy and procedures. Liaise with the requisitioner, Deputy Procurement Manager and suppliers were required to ensure the correct contractual documents are developed with the purchase order.
* Proactively assess and resolve procurement queries and issues related to projects or specific requisitions as required.
* Proactively build and maintain networks and working relationships with stakeholders across the University at multiple levels through the use of appropriate verbal and written communications (e.g. meetings, phone, email, reports).
* Undertake specific tasks and projects at the request of the Procurement Manager and Deputy Procurement Manager.
Skills and Experience:
* Ideally some experience in IT and Technology procurement
* CIPS qualified or commensurate experience.
* Excellent communication skills, excellent commercial negotiation skills, and ability to network with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
* Have experience of working with the staff at all levels to develop project sourcing strategies for key areas of spend.
* Have experience of preparing and drafting tender documentation under official PCR 2015 procurement procedures.
* Have experience or knowledge of public sector procurement and PCR 2015 procurement Regulations.
* Have experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiating of commercial contractual documents.