Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: FMCG
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: Category Buyer - Food & Beverage
Job Salary: £ - £ Per Annum
Job Start Date:
X3 amazing and brand new F&B Procurement roles for ambitious and commercially driven procurement manager with experience in Ambient food and Beverage procurement, to join the business.
As the Commodity Trader, you will have a central role by leading and controlling all procurement activity within your category, to develop your portfolio, negotiate commercial opportunities with suppliers and to work with other departments to drive customer satisfaction across the business.
This is a role critical to the growth and development of the business. You’ll be working within a small, high performance buying team, reporting to the Commodity Manager. The space for personal career development and increased responsibilities with this role are huge.
Role and responsibilities:
* Development and evolution of a substantial commercial portfolio of products.
* Take ownership of end-to-end sourcing process.
* Effectively liaise with suppliers on range development and commercial terms.
* Work with brand owners to create value within your category and customer base.
* Working with all key sales teams to facilitate the company budgeted sales and margin targets.
* Collaborate and support inventory buying and stock control teams.
* Producing detailed, informative, market information to support sales teams.
* Setting clear savings plans with objectives, goals, strategies, and measures.
* Ensuring exceptional cross functional communication.
Experience and requirements:
* You will be experienced in buying/procurement within the ambient food and beverage category, within the Hospitality/Foodservice industry
* The candidate is required to have strong knowledge of the sectors diverse products and brands, with appreciation for what is required to be a success in the Foodservice sector
* Extensive Industry knowledge.
* Enthusiastic and committed attitude.
* Competent user of all common IT applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Outstanding communication skills across all levels of the business.
* Project management capability.
* Ability to work at pace.
* Proven track record of delivering category growth and cost savings.