Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: Buying Assistant
Job Salary: £20000 - £22500 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
An amazing, brand new role with a global retail as a Procurement/Buying Assistant to support the wider Buyers within the business.
This is an amazing opportunity working with a team that love to have fun, but maintaining professionalism and supporting a team of experienced Buyer within their industry. You will need to be able handling multiple projects at any one time, in a fast paced environment
* Coordinate and manage all purchasing activity across a range of products and supplies, to include developing and maintaining close relationship with the supply base and key stakeholders
* Activities may include requirement gathering, administration of tenders and co-ordinating the assessment of tenders this support maybe across any spend category .
* Adhere to the Purchase Orders Procedure by requesting and raising Purchase Orders for some key products, remaining orders raised by branch managers.
* Rationalise suppliers and catalogues across the business and analyse details of purchasing data from the procurement spend data.
* Negotiate pricing/ product changes with suppliers, ensure savings realised through monitoring of benefits
* Desire to develop in Procurement, with a willingness to learn from others.
* Some Procurement knowledge/experience advantageous.
* Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written) with stakeholders of all levels.
* Commenced or willing to study towards CIPS qualification, with an interest in Procurement as a career.
* Practical hands-on administrative experience in a project office or office environment.
* Ability to manage own time and liaise with others to assess priorities.
Excellent computing skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint